Wednesday 7 May 2014

P6 bisness game-

first attempt
7/5/14- The first time I played the business game I tried to improve my customer service by spending most of my money on staff, as I got primary qualitative information from the costumers that people in the Shop were waiting for assistance, so I hired 2 new staff members and spent a lot of money upgrading the staff room and getting training after this the customer's service started to improve  but after I tried to give training to one of my employees.
 the game started to glitch and I could only fix this by going to the next week. I had to do this two times but after the game began to run again as a notification came up saying that my health was very low, as I had skipped two weeks of game time due to this glitch I had lost all my stock and the costumer service was very poor. I tried to by more stock and take out a loan but when I went to the next week the game ended.
 second attempt
Week 1

I lowered the prices of all my stock to try and bring people in. I did this to gain a competitive advantage over other businesses and this gave me confidence that I would make a profit.  I then got new stock from the loading van, 10 of each. Using this marketing information  I was confident that with the lower prices that the stock would go down quickly. After this I advertised my shop online, in the local newspaper and in the shop window.



Week 2

This week I improved my Human Resources department as I hired a new member of staff, a woman named Rachel, who would work for a salary of £19000. Using marketing information  I then went and made my new stock cheaper to try and encourage more customers.

 

Week 3

This week I refilled all the stock in the stock room as I had timely information that mentioned that it needed refilling  , I then took 2 online training classes in the office, one in customer service and one in advertising to improve my marketing skills, I then used human recourses to  get more staff training from the front desk as customers were complaining about service.

 

 


Week 4

When I started this week I got a weekly report allowing me to receive primary, quantitative information informing of my current cash flow. A woman from the bank told me that I was running low on cash and that my business could be closed down. Using this secondary information  I took a lone from my family and used some of my money to keep the business going. I then got more customer service training from the front desk and volunteered a bit to try and improve service. After this I went to the football game to try and improve my social. I then took some more customer service training.



Marketing


Within my small business I was given reports at the end of each week.  This information showed me all my progress during the week such as the profits/losses I had made/ lost. I can then use this information to see what I need to spend the profits on next week such a staff training or more stock to replace what was lost. 


 


Sales performance


 It showed me what stock was selling the best and what stuff was not from this I then made the stock that wasn’t selling a lot cheaper. I could also use this information to buy more stock of the inventory that was selling well to maximise profits.


 


Competitors


Within the small business I can use the information system to find out what other companies were selling and how much they were charging for them I could then use this information to gain an advantage by lowering my prices to beat them and take their customers.


 


Financial


Using the weekly report from my small business I can see charts which show me how I should be doing for the next week. I can use this information to buy more stock or get a loan or invest in advertising or totally new stock.


 


Human resources


Using the information system with in my small business I can see how my employees are doing and how motivated they are to work. After reading this I can then give them training to
 improve their skills such as customer service. Also if they are badly underperforming I can fire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment